Van Johnson, Frederick
Frederick Van Johnson is a photographer and marketing professional with over 20 years of experience working with many of the Fortune 500 companies that dominate the photography industry. A former United States Air Force Combat Photojournalist, today he is founder and Editor-in-Chief of the This Week in Photo (TWiP) podcast network, and former Chairman of the board for Brooks Institute. Frederick’s USAF unit was among the first in the US military to receive, and put into daily action, digital imaging technology and software. As a result, he was awarded the prestigious Air Force Commendation medal for his key role in facilitating the US Air Force transition from film-based imaging to digital. He is the “This Week in Photo” (aka TWiP) podcast and general manager of all related properties — TWiP remains one of the most popular photography media properties. Frederick left the military to study visual communication at the University of California, and Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara, California — where he ultimately became Chairman of the Board of Trustees.
While at Apple, he was key in the development of iPhoto, Apple’s revolutionary photo management application. He went on to Adobe Systems, where he helped manage marketing for Lightroom and Photoshop.
Today Frederick lives in northern California, and continues to travel, podcast and practice photography whenever possible. He has also been spotted making aerial photographs with his drone.
- AI-Assisted Storytelling: Reinventing Narrative Photography
- Tuesday, October 24 • 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- The Mobile Creator Lifestyle: Your Studio On-the-Go
- Wednesday, October 25 • 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Setting up a Simple Home Studio
- Wednesday, October 25 • 3:30 PM - 4:00 PM
- How to Be a Professional Podcaster
- Thursday, October 26 • 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- From Dream to Reality: Starting and Building a Successful Photo Business in 2023
- Thursday, October 26 • 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM